Name: G Balamurugan
Location: Chennai, TamilNadu, India
In this blog, you can enjoy reading questions and answers from overview to advanced concepts of SQL Server. I am having around 10 years of experience as Software Engineer and currently working in a company based at Chennai, India.
My profile includes the following:
- Implementing Baseline Security policy for all production databases.
- Created, tested, and maintained DR policy for production servers.
- Implemented Log-Shipping in SQL 2005 serves for DR environment.
- Troubleshooting performance issues and fine-tuning queries and stored procedures with the help of DMV’s in SQL 2005.
- Creating jobs to generate and send reports through database mail.
- Upgrading databases from SQL Server 2000 to SQL 2005.
- Maintenance of large databases using maintenance plans.
- Monitoring backup jobs, event logs, disk space threshold and DR environment.
- Monitor and maintain Servers using maintenance plans in Production, DR, UAT and Development environments.
- Database backup and restore to UAT, Development and testing environments on request.
- Verify backups and error logs on the servers and troubleshoot any failures or alerts.
- Applying hotfix scripts during releases.
- Creating logins and assigning permission to users based on the requirement.
- Applying service packs and patches.
Member of MSDN forum
On Twitter at: tvmbala